Wednesday, March 08, 2006

 

Father and Son

Hey Jason: great job on the last 3 postings. I will post some thoughts soon, but I haven't had a chance to translate my thoughts into words yet and I don't have time now. However, I will note that this post will only take me about 10 minutes to type out, which makes me a little puzzled... why haven't we got more people posting? It isn't like it's a Herculean effort. I'm not posting anything profound here. Post something! Tell us about your pets. Whatever...

Something regarding what was said at the end of seminar today. I paraphrase: "It is admirable for the Holy Son to submit to the Holy Father -- by choice"... "We can't understand this concept, because we've been too influenced by Hobbsean-type rhetoric that tells us that to submit is being oppressed and is regrettable."

Do I understand correctly?

Well, my problem is this: even if we can praise and admire the Son for being submissive and faithful, is this really the case? If the Father and Son (and HS) are really just parts of the same whole, isn't this just like saying that my left hand is submissive to my right hand? Is God (the trinity) just playing a trick on us by giving us this divine example of submissiveness? Do the Father and Son really have free will, considering they are only derivatives or manifestations of something more important?

Maybe I don't understand the idea of trinity correctly, but it seems to me that Father and Son are just playing out some skit for our benefit. It reminds me of the skit that Satan and Beelzebub play out for his host of minions... you know the one.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?